90s eSports Competitor
“Rock the Rock” $25,000 SEGA World Champion as broadcast worldwide on
MTV in 1994, Hawaii State Nintendo Champion, NWC 1990 City Champion, &
many other titles.
– Designer/developer from age 14 at Atari Games/Tengen (“Primal Rage”
1&2), Capcom (“Street Fighter III 3s”/”Alpha 3”), BPS (“Tetris”
titles),etc. Currently developer on indie game “Strike Harbinger”.
– As a cosplayer, winner of over 40 awards at competitions and events.
– Classic Tetris World Championship eSports announcer since 2010; voice
of “Boom! Tetris for Jeff!”.
– Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, currently resides in Phoenix, Arizona
– Favorite arcade games: Street Fighter II’ Turbo Hyper Fighting, Dance
Dance Revolution Extreme
– Favorite game console is the NEC PC Engine (TurboDuo)
– Won the Hawaii State Nintendo Championships – his first competition –
– City Champion of Los Angeles in the Nintendo World Championships in
– Won 3rd place in the very first officially recognized Street Fighter
II Tournament, held on May 30, 1991 at Sunnyvale Golfland, the original
site of the eSports tournament series now known as “EVO”.
– Won the Sega World Championships “Rock the Rock” in 1994; $25,000
prize, televised internationally on MTV.
– Misc. Titles: 3-time CAX Street Fighter II Turbo Champion, winner of
Hawaii State Mortal Kombat & Mortal Kombat II Championships, 3rd place
E3 Street Fighter Alpha 2 Championship, winner of E3 Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Championship officiated by Walter Day, Working Designs Raystorm $10,000
high score contest winner, and many others.
– As a cosplayer, winner of over 40 awards at various events and
competitions including Best in Show at Wondercon and Best Craftsmanship
at Anime Expo.
– At 14, began working at Atari Games/Tengen on games such as “Gauntlet
IV”, “Rampart”, and the unreleased “Cyberstorm” for which he designed
the first use of a combo meter in a video game, which was copied by
Capcom and used in Super Street Fighter II and countless games since.
– Game Designer on “Primal Rage” and “Primal Rage II”, implementing game
play and characters, writing the lore and story for the franchise used
for action figures, books and comics.
-Worked at Capcom on fan-favorite hits such as “Street Fighter III: 3rd
Strike”, “Marvel Vs. Capcom 1”, “Rival Schools”, “Street Fighter Alpha
3″, “Tech Romancer” and others.
– Design Consultant for BPS/Blue Planet Software on various “Tetris”
– Featured in films such as the award-winning “Ecstasy of Order: The
Tetris Masters” and “Gamer Age”, and on the HBO TV series “Entourage”.
– Ongoing guest appearances at conventions and events, often speaking
and presenting on topics such as game development and the history of
– In 2016, invited to join the modern-day U.S. National Video Game Team
– a dream come true since reading of their adventures and positive
mission throughout the 80’s.
– eSports commentator: advisor and finals announcer of the Classic
Tetris World Championship since 2010, and the voice of the “BOOM! Tetris
for Jeff!” meme from the 2016 event with 6 million+ views.
– Currently an indie game developer: Senior Game Designer and Programmer
– working with other former Atari veterans on the upcoming game
code-named “Flight Armor Project: Strike Harbinger” for arcade, PC and
You must be logged in to post a comment.