2022 Hall of Fame Nomination Submission
Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination to our 2022 International Video Game Hall of Fame. In order to make the submissions as uniform as possible and to maintain the integrity of the IVGHOF, please review the following suggestions, categories, and background information prior to submitting your nomination.
Honoring the Greatness of Video Games and Preserving their Artifacts
The Board of Directors respectfully requests nominations for candidates to be considered for induction into the International Video Game Hall of Fame Class of 2022.
- Golden Age Gamer (1970-1989) – A Video Game Player whose accomplishments occurred primarily within the era of the 1970’s and 1980’s.
- 1990’s Gamer (1990-1999) – A Video Game Player whose accomplishments occurred primarily within the era of the 1990’s.
- 2000’s Gamer (2000-Present) – A Video Game Player whose accomplishments occurred primarily within the era of the 2000’s.
- Game Developer – Honoring individuals who have shaped the history of the global electronic gaming industry through their historic game creations or technological innovations.
- Industry Leader – Honoring individuals who have inspired the growth, vitality, and prosperity of the global electronic gaming industry through their business wisdom and creative vision.
- Golden Age Game – Video Game published between 1970-1989
- 1990’s Era Game – Video Game published between 1990-1999
- 2000’s Era Game – Video Game published between 2000-2010
- Digital Category – Digital era, with digital scoring (1960-1978)
- EM Category – Electro – anything with a scoring reel (1978-1991)
- Modern Category – Dot Matrix and Graphic Displays (1991-present day)
Community Action Award – Community action changes people’s lives for the better, embodies the spirit of hope and improves communities. The recipient of this award has demonstrated their dedication to that purpose.
Walter Day Lifetime Achievement Award – This award honors individuals that have served the electronic gaming industry over the course of a long career, enriching the industry with their contributions, strong leadership, and creative vision.
Gamers: Sportsmanship, Integrity and Skill
Developers: Body of Work, Innovations
Leaders: Contributions to the Video Game Industry
Games: Popularity, Historical Significance
Community Action: Effecting positive change in their community
Lifetime Achievement: Long term impact on the video game industry
A Submitter may nominate any number of Nominees to as many categories as they like.
Nominees may be from any country and must be notable Players, Developers, Video Games and Industry leaders.
Nominees may be excluded from consideration based on the IVGHOF Code of Ethics.
The nomination deadline for the Class of 2022 Induction is Jan 1st, 2022
We offer three easy ways to submit nominations:
MAIL completed forms to:
International Video Game Hall of Fame
501 Waverly Avenue
Ottumwa, IA 52501
EMAIL completed forms to:
Complete this online submission form:
You must be logged in to post a comment.