The 2016 class of inductees were selected by accomplished gamers, journalists and video game industry executives who have extensive knowledge of the achievements in gaming. There were three phases in the decision process: Open nomination, public and board input for narrowing down of the ballot and a final voting pool which decided which gamers, games, developers and industry leader would be inducted. The Community Action Award and Walter Day Lifetime Achievement Award were determined by open nominations and input from attendees of the Class of 2015 induction with the board selecting the inductees.
We are pleased to announce the following individuals and video games are being inducted:
- Satoru Iwata, Industry Leader
- Isaiah “TriForce” Johnson, 2000’s eSports competitor
- Hideo Kojima, Game Developer
- Lonnie McDonald, Golden Age Gamer
- Patrick O’Malley, Community Action Award
- Chris Tang, 90’s eSports Competitor
- Steve Wozniak, Walter Day Lifetime Achievement Award
- Super Mario Bros. – Golden Age Game
- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – 90’s Era Game
- World of Warcraft – 2000’s Era Game
- Minecraft – Current Era Game
You must be logged in to post a comment.