Golden Age Game
- Designed by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka
- Released in North America in 1985
- 40 Million units sold
- 2005 – IGN named Super Mario “Greatest Game off all time”
- Re-Released numerous times on multiple platforms.
- Inspired cartoons and a live action film based on game.
- Defender was one of the most important titles of the Golden Age, selling over 55,000 units and becoming one of Williams Electronics best selling game and highest grossing arcade game.
- Game development was led by Eugene Jarvis and was his first video game projects.